My specialty is positioning complex products and services, making them easy to understand and attractive to targeted buyers. The thought that leads my approach to sales is that no one wants to own the things we have to offer — people simply want to buy the things we do for them. Our job as marketers and communicators is to translate the things we do into the language and story of the things we do for others.
Some things about me you may be interested to know
- I’m married and have four kids – three boys, one girl
- I’m a grandfather
- I was born in Illinois, raised in Arizona, and have lived in Northern Virginia, Hawaii, and Northern California
- I’ve personally sold and led sales teams who have sold multi-million dollar technology solutions to some of the largest companies in the world
- I started my traditional corporate life with the title Field Engineer. I ended it with the title VP Worldwide Sales and Support
- I have traveled all over the world on business – Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Taiwan, Guam, South Korea, Japan, Okinawa, China, UK, Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Israel, and counting.
- I coach youth soccer, founded a competitive club, and stood on stage as a finalist for national coach of the year
- At one point in my life, I owned a small manufacturing company
- I’ve been a senior executive in both public and private companies
- I’m a very proud US Navy Veteran
- I once worked at the White House and traveled with two US Presidents
- I have traveled to every state in the United States except three – South Carolina, North Dakota and South Dakota
There’s more, but that’s everything that comes to mind and gives you a fair idea of who I am. From time-to-time, I’ll share more on my blog